A disaster can strike with little or no notice. Communicating the need for a disaster plan is a critical first step in the process of survival
focusing on preparing families, businesses, equipment and procedures for use when a disaster occurs.
SimpliGO Disaster Preparedness Planner
Digital Marketplace Network
Communication is key to obtaining effective situational awareness because of a disaster’s need for interdisciplinary relationships between organizations, individuals, or a combination of both.
- Infectious disease emergencies are circumstances caused by biological agents, including organisms such as bacteria, viruses or toxins with the potential for significant illness or death in the population. Infectious disease emergencies may include naturally occurring outbreaks, emerging infectious diseases, and bioterrorism. |read more
- Tornadic events are often accompanied by other forms of severe weather, including strong thunderstorms, strong winds, and hail. There have been 1,587 preliminary filtered reports of tornadoes in the United States in 2019, of which at least 1,121 have been confirmed. |read more
- The Midwestern United States has been experiencing major floods since mid-March 2019, primarily along the Missouri River and its tributaries in Nebraska, Missouri, South Dakota, Iowa, and Kansas. The Mississippi River has also seen flooding, although starting later and ending earlier. |read more
- The 2019 Atlantic hurricane season is an ongoing event in the annual formation of tropical cyclones in the Northern Hemisphere and also the fourth consecutive year of above-average and damaging seasons dating back to 2016, although many of the storms were weak and short-lived. |read more
- Wildfires can ruin homes and cause injuries or death to people and animals. A wildfire is an unplanned fire that burns in a natural area such as a forest, grassland, or prairie. Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts. |read more
- An earthquake is a sudden and rapid shaking of the ground caused by the shifting of rocks deep underneath the earth’s surface. Earthquakes can happen without warning and result in injuries and damage to property and roads. Earthquakes can cause fires, tsunamis, landslides, or avalanches. Stay Safe During an Earthquake: Drop, Cover, and Hold On |read more